We have moved to www.ashadevos.com

The material on this site is the copyright of Asha de Vos. Photographs should not be used without the express permission of the photographer. For more information contact whalessrilanka@gmail.com

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I am back

I am very sorry for the long silence. I realise I haven't updated my blog very regularly so now I will attempt to make my excuses; please bear with me. In my absence I have been working hard for the blue whales so have no fear!
1. I wrote some grants for research funding so I can continue the work I am doing (and I got some funding so I am extremely stoked!)
2. I presented my research at the Australian Marine Sciences Association (AMSA) meeting in Fremantle to a really receptive audience
3.  I am working on a project with the Sri Lanka Tourism Board to ensure responsible tourism in our country (particularly related to the whales)
4. I attended a really great workshop by Prof. Ken Pollock on some methods I will use in my research and
5. I have been finalising a paper that I just submitted for publication.
No rest for the wicked they say! I am not complaining in the least - this journey is so much fun and I want you all to join me on it.
OH and I have also been replying all the wonderful people who wrote to me after watching the documentary! Its been slow because there have been so many great notes and I want to respond to everyone - if you haven't heard from me yet - you will! Sorry for the delays!
Thank you for your patience!
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment