We have moved to www.ashadevos.com

The material on this site is the copyright of Asha de Vos. Photographs should not be used without the express permission of the photographer. For more information contact whalessrilanka@gmail.com

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Slinky fin whale

Voila - I had my first ever (real) fin whale sighting yesterday after hours on the water. These guys don't tend to show their tail flukes before a dive so its very much - now you see it now you don't! We only managed to watch it for about 10 minutes and then we heard it come up after the third dive but never saw it again - Slinky to say the least. 

Talking about fin whales, I would like to introduce you to Rene's blog http://funkyfinwhale.blogspot.com. Here you can learn what exactly he is trying to do with all this technology. Having encouraged him to start his own blog I am now regretting it - he's stealing all my stories :P Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment